Saturday, August 23, 2014

So They Won Last Night...

They lost to Denver. They won vs. San Diego. And last night, it wasn't a football game. It was a massacre. Somewhere in the third quarter, Mills Lane ran into the field and tried to stop the game. It was that kind of blowout. The Seahawks punter didn't take to the field until well into the second half. Abd the Bears punter fielded more snaps the Jay Culter.

And I missed most of it. I had to open at $dayjob (which means being there at 6, which means up and at 'em @ 1:30 in the morning). Now that usually means that I'd be home in time for the game, but my firmer employer wanted me to come in and cover the shop for a few hours. So I did. Didn't get home till well after 9 last night. and then I had to run errands at my mother's house. But I did get home in time to sit down in front of the 60" and watch the third quarter....

I bought a coffee maker a year ago, and I have set where it is needed the most: in my room. So when I get up, I can hot the button, and have it ready by the time I scrape myself out of bed. But I didn't use it today. 10+ hours of sleep is a passable substitute for caffeine. And you do have to use caffeine responsibly. After all, The Underpants Gnomes have no place in the workplace.....

No comments: