Monday, September 01, 2014

Adventures in getting home

So I got off work late Friday night. I could've caught the very last bus, bit I decided to get a ride. I called a family member, and he said he'd pick me up. I proceeded to the pre-arranged pickup point. And then he called me. His car wouldn't start, but he just needed to charge the battery a few minutes, and then he'd come and get me. So I waited. And waited. And waited. I called him again. Car was still no go. And by now the last bus had left.

Long story short, I had to call a cab. And to get home from work cost me almost $60.00. But I got home. And 1 friend and two coworkers have now told me to call them first. I hope not to call their bluff.

Lesson learned: take the bus if your ride can't start the car.

Just another adventure trying to get home...

No comments: