Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A higher number, but a step back…

Right before my previous tower died, I had installed a Radeon HD 7750 PCI-E video card. When the computer died, it was one of the parts that I took out (I always try to part out my computer as much as I can). When I bought my current tower, it came with an AMD A8 6500, which included a Radeon HD 8570 graphics controller. At first I ran the computer with the integrated graphics, and I noticed that the Windows Experience Index wasn’t as high as my previous computer. So I put my 7750 in the tower and immediately noticed that the Windows Experience Index was considerably higher, especially in the graphics area.

Tonight, I took out my 7750 graphics card to see what the integrated graphics could do. And while running the HD 8570 chipset, I still see that it’s a step back. While running FS 2004, I’ve noticed the frame rate is considerably lower. I’m not even going to try Flight Simulator X.

I guess the main thing is memory. The memory card has its own memory on the card, while the integrated graphics is sharing the system RAM. And there’s also the hdmi output that the card has which my motherboard is missing. Needless to say, I’m going to be putting my previous graphics card back in my tower later…

No comments: