Tuesday, May 12, 2015

An advantage to going Old Skool

One of the things that I liked about Windows ME was the Plus! themes. Especially the Windows ME theme. My first computer had it pre-installed, and I used it for about a year until Windows XP came out. I went out and bought the XP upgrade disc, and did an upgrade install when I first got it. And I lost my Plus! themes (meaning the plus! for Win9x. I had also purchased Plus! for XP at the same time as when I got XP). As my skills progressed, I started dual-booting, and then I realized I could just simply copy the c:/Program Files/Plus! folder from one drive to another. And I could also back it up.

So, where the directory is located has changed, but it still used on occasion. Like now. And I’ve realized another advantage of using the Old Skool Plus! themes: A really impressive framerate in FSX. Though I’m assuming you’d get similar results using any Windows Classic theme…

BTW, Happy 1000th post…

No comments: