Monday, June 08, 2015

Crisis Averted…

I almost nuked my hard drive tonight. On my last day off, I went to fire up FS 2004. And it hung. I restored it from my back-up drive, and it still hung. I let it go at the time. Later that week, I installed a couple of updates. And tonight, I went to load up Flight Simulator X, and it hung up the system. Preparing for the worst, I fired up my back-up drive, and made sure my back-up was up-to-date. After that was all done, I thought I’d give it one last crack, and I did a system restore to last Thursday. And it fixed it. I don’t know what got restored and/or changed, but they’re working again. I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. If I can avoid it, I’m not going to nuke my hard drive. Once upon a time, I did it on a weekly basis. Not anymore. I actually like to use my computer….

No comments: