Monday, June 22, 2015

I don’t know what to say….

Seriously. This post has been in my head for the past several days, and I know it wants out, but I can’t quite wrap the words around it. I’ll give it my best shot.

This started a couple of days ago when I was walking to work, and it occurred to me that there are some things that should address…

Billy Graham has always had this rule: that the only woman he would ever be alone with was his wife. Period. Which is a good standard to live by, especially considering all the other televangelists who were caught up in scandal (Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart come to mind). Part of it was being faithful to his wife, but the greater part of it was to never even show the appearance of wrongdoing. I don’t follow this rule as strictly as Billy Graham does, but there has been more than one occasion (usually involving me being offered a ride and I politely declined the offer), but in reality I was invoking the Billie Graham rule to preempt the scandal and avoid even the appearance of wrongdoing…

During my walk, I was pondering many things, and it occurred to me that there are others who follow a similar path. Modesty does not simply stop at the way someone dresses. And I should start respecting that position. Like I said previously sometimes you have to open your mouth, but discretion is the better part of valor. Wisdom is knowing the difference…

I hope I know what to say now…

No comments: