Monday, June 08, 2015

Making Peace

I have come to the conclusion that The Voices In My Head on certain matters will never come to consensus. Sometimes this can be a good thing. I can use this interior dialogue to try and see all sides of the issue at hand.

I think that the best solution is one that I’ve used in my various and sundry (mis)adventures on the Internet. In many internet for for fora, not having the same opinion as everybody else can be shall we say an unpleasant experience. And in some places where everyone has a very different opinion, it can seem like everyone is against everyone. First, I realized that the best way to deal with this the Nomex Boxer Shorts state of mind. Just state your peace, and let the trolls and kooks rage against you. In the end, you just have to agree to disagree. To realize that not everybody shares your point of view. They’re usually not going to change your opinion, nor are you going to change theirs. You can disagree with someone. You can do it without arguing with them as well…

So, I’m going to take it one day at a time. If The Voices In My Head can’t come to an agreement, then I’ll let them agree to disagree. The insight and the clarity that I seek will come in time. I just have to be patient until then….

No comments: