Monday, August 31, 2015

A comparison of shipping (and other things)…

For the past couple of months, I’ve upgrading my computer. Nothing big, just making sure that when Windows 10 came out, I’d be ready for it. First, it was extra RAM, then it was a larger bard drive. Then it was a new TV tuner, and a couple of other items. Among other places I ordered them from Worst Buy, Spamazon, Office Depot, and Newegg. Things were shipped brown, dhl, Fedex, and the US Postal Service.

Office Depot delivered there item to me in an Office Depot box truck, via a uniformed Office Depot employee. The next day….

With Spamazon, I have Amazon Prime, so as long as I ordered it by two, it’ll show up in two days. Usually it’s via UPS, but they’ve been know to us the Postal Service. My opinion with them is do not use overnight shipping at Amazon! The last time I did it, I paid extra for shipping, and it was misrouted and over a week late with no explanation from Amazon. But they do have a very wide selection, and like I said I have Amazon Prime. The free shipping pays for itself…

Best Buy does offer free shipping if your purchase is over a certain amount. Depending on the item, and whether or not you’re buying off the marketplace, it’ll be shipped UPS Fedex or USPS. I remember ordering two different things from them one time, and they both arrived via different carriers….

Newegg has great customer service. Their Android app is just like the website. If you’re say looking at a specific tv tuner model, they’ll tell you if they have a newer one on hand. When it comes to shipping, they usually ship via dhl, who then hands it off the the local post offcie for deliveries. Not a bad thing, if they get the right post office (ups does the same thing, but I’ve noticed) that it takes a couple of extra days.

Probably the best online shopping experience was with Office Depot. Like I said, send overnight to my doorstep via Office Depot and delivered by a uniformed Office Depot employee. I was so impressed with them that I actually went back and filled out a job application (if they’re that good, then that’s probably a company you want to be a part of), and they actually called me for an interview. But I had to pass on it, due to a nagging foot injury (I’m not really worried yet. I’m happy where I’m at, and other opportunities will come. Perhaps it was just the fates decreeing that I shouldn’t work there…)

No comments: