Monday, August 24, 2015

All for a cheeseburger….

Today was my day off. I was scheduled to work tomorrow. And I wanted a cheeseburger. Not that much of a big deal, as there’s a McDonalds and a Jack(ing off) in the Box right down the street from my apartment. Wanting volume over quality, I decided on the $1 cheeseburger at McDonalds (and a considerable quantity, too…). I walk over there, and I get my food. On the walk home, I realized I was limping on my left foot (the same foot that I hurt a while back). It wasn’t the same injury as before, but it was on the same foot….

Back to being scheduled tomorrow. If I can’t walk to the local McDonalds without pain, then I probably shouldn’t stand for 8 hours at register tomorrow. I’m now even more grateful for paid sick/personal time that my employer offers…..

No comments: