Monday, October 19, 2015

Ok, I can deal with this…

It took over 4 months to do it, but Comcast finally stopped charging me for the modem I returned. In May… And they finally cancelled my home phone service. Now, it took 3 visits to the Comcast store, one escalation to @comcastcares on Twitter & and extended chat on Facebook with Xfinity to do it. There are still privacy/dvr issues…

What happened was last week I went up the cable store in Federal Way for the last time. I had already indicated my intention to return the Xfinity X1 boxes and get two legacy DVRs. I got to the store and explained my predicament to the clerk. He just happened to be a bit more knowledgable than average, and he saw the type of box that I needed in the back. So, I just needed to exchange one box and I got another X1 master box with component out. I got home, and set my boxes up, and re-paired my remotes (which also took care of one of my other concerns, a remote that woudn’t pair up with my tv…). I was able to dvr 1 program (an episode of How It’s Made). I’ve tried recording a couple of games, but I haven’t seen them yet (I think my roommate might be cancelling them). We’ll see on the DVR issues. If I can’t resolve that issue, then I will have to return them for legacy HDDVR boxes again.

Did I mention that Comcast has horrendous customer service?

No comments: