Sunday, November 15, 2015

More on the recent events in Paris….

After my last post, I’m still compelled to write more about it. We must not condemn Islam for this. I’ve seen too many ‘kill the Muslims’ posts on social media. To judge Islam by the actions of these terrorists is like the world judging Christianity by the actions of Westboro Baptist Church. We shouldn’t go blaming Muslims in general. I have friends who are Muslim. And this isn’t them.

When I was growing up (in the Cold War), I was a War Hawk. I wanted the Russians to be blown to smithereens. I never thought about the consequences, only the here and now. It wasn’t until Operation Desert Storm that I realized that with war, there is the aftermath. Even for a victor. Through the years, I’ve come across the spectrum, and now I’m a dove. War is evil. Violence is evil. Especially in the name of religion.

Before you go saying ‘go kill the Muslims’ just remember what the Good Book has said: Judge not lest ye be judged. Take a look in the mirror. If you’re so set on killing someone because they’re not a Christian, then you’re no better than ISIS. Historically more atrocities have been committed in the name of Christianity than Islam.

But having said that, it doesn’t make the terrorists’ actions in Paris right. Nor does it make any terrorists’ actions right. Nor any violence in the name of religion. Can’t people just get along.?

Neither should we be blaming the Syrian refugees, as I have seen again on social media. This is the same violence that they’re fleeing from. And people are blaming them for it?

More on this later. I have so many thoughts on this, but I have to clear my head…

No comments: