Monday, January 25, 2016

Let’s get steamed….

A couple of weeks ago when I was reinstalling my software, I had some games that I couldn’t install. Due to security issues, The Anti-Christ published an update, that prevented a lot of my older games from working (mainly it was the technique they used to verify the CD-Rom in the drive). I found some work-arounds (namely, no-cd patched and/or installing them on my Windows XP VM). But there were some where that wouldn’t work. Then I remembered the last time I was in Gamestop and I lamented to the clerk about the lack of Windows software, and I was told about Steam. I didn’t join back then, but i did last summer. I didn’t buy anything at the time. Then a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that some of the software that I was trying to install but having no luck was on Steam and on sale.

So needless to say, I have spent way too much from my last two paychecks on games….

Yes, I know that Flight Simulator X is also on Steam, but my DVD version still works perfectly fine. I’m not much for online gaming, which is what the Steam version is mainly for…

No comments: