Wednesday, January 20, 2016

So, I got a calendar 10 years ago….

It all started when I got a calendar. Actually I was in the midst of a system rebuild at the time, and I had downloaded and installed a browser called Flock, and being a ‘social’ web browser, when you first ran it, it gave you instructions on how to set up a blog. And that’s how The Voices From Within My Head came in to being. I had actually thought about blogging for a while, but this was just the right nudge to get started. I had also been originally inspired to start a blog by Igwanarob. As of tomorrow, this blog will be 10 years old. Since then:

  • I’ve replaced my tower. Twice. And I’ve gotten 3 laptops. Two of the towers died (Magic Blue Smoke off the motherboard for the first one. The secod one just stopped). Laptops didn’t die. I got the first one as a contigency in case the tower died, and then by boss at the time sold me his a year later, so I sold my first one. Then I got comfortable with my tower, and so I gave my laptop to a co-worker. The last laptop was given to me by my mother, and it sits in the lving room, on standby if my tower bite the dust.
  • I moved. Twice. First from Puyallup to Parkland. And then from one apartment to another.
  • My 2 brothers moved out and went our separate ways. Then one brother and I moved back in together. As long as we have our separate rooms, we can tolerate each other.
  • I’ve gone through 9 cable boxes, 6 hard drives, 5 video cards, 4 tv cards, 2 wi-fi cards, 3 usb hubs, 2 joysticks, three game pads, 4 printers, 3 crt monitors, 1 lcd monitor, 3 keyboard/mouse combos, and 4 DVD burners.
  • I’ve gone from Windows ME to Windows 10. Even Windows 8.1 (which is what my current tower had when it came from Worst Buy). However I did manage to successfully skip Windows Vista. I did dabble with Linux on occaision, but mainly I’m a windows person, though I hate to admit it….
  • I’ve changed jobs. Left one job not on good terms, started another, then made peace with the first employer (and I still work for him, btw), and the second job I started made me full-time (complete with vacation, sick leave, and benefits).
  • I’ve done jury duty. Twice.
  • I’ve joined Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter (actually this is my third time on Twitter). the MySpace account got cancelled a long time ago…
  • I quit Usenet. On occaision, I thought about getting back on board, but the there is too much noise, not enough signal to make it worthwhile anymore. Besides if I want to read something in NANAE, I can use google now…
  • I started drinking. And I quit drinking. I don’t need to be drunk, and I just don’t like alcohol. Trust me, you don’t need to drink. It’s not worth it…

ANd if you wanted to call me, you would’ve reached me on:

  1. A Nokia 3595 (T-Mobile Prepaid).
  2. A Nokia 6030 (T-Mobile Prepaid).
  3. Samsung T619 (T-Mobile Contract).
  4. Motorola RIZR Z3 (T-Mobile Contract). This was the first phone I bought from my boss).
  5. T-Mobile Shadow (aka the HTC Phoebus).\
  6. Blackberry Curve (I realized very quickly that I do not like Blackberrys).
  7. Another T-Mobile Shadow.
  8. HTC Touch Pro 2.
  9. HTC HD2.
  10. HTC MyTouch 4G.
  11. HTC Senstation. (These last two phones, I actually had for less the 2 days, as there were other factors that necessitated me returning them).
  12. HTC EVO 3D (now on Sprint).
  13. HTC One (M7)
  14. And finally HTC One (M8). Some of these phones I got on contract. Some were hand me downs I got from my boss at the time.

This blog started with a calendar. And then a post about a Seahawks game. Actually come to think of it, it may have started even earlier, but those early posts were long since deleted. But I still have plenty of Voices to write about….

No comments: