Sunday, February 07, 2016

Render unto Ceaser, 2016 Edition, part II

Apparently the IRS has one thing that a drug dealer won’t find in a post office: speed. Last Sunday, I recieved word from H&R Block (I filed electronically) that my return was accepted. Saturday morning, according to the IRS refund tracker tool, my refund was approved, and I should be getting it sometime this week.

Sometimes it pays to file as soon as possible. Previous years it has taken me several weeks, up to a month to get my refund. Then there are the times when I had to pay, and I took my time to file (why be eager to pay your taxes). Then there were the times when I couldn’t afford to pay. But I still filed (past due taxes is one thing. You’ll have to pay interest and penalties). But not filing is another thing (just remember, they finally put Al Capone away for tax evasion)… But those days are in the past, and the slate with IRS was long since wiped clean…

Refund should be here Wednesday…

No comments: