Sunday, May 01, 2016

Day 1 (or Day 2) report….

Depending on who you ask, this is the second day of my vacation. Officially, it’s the first day (yesterday was a sick day). Anyway, I succeeded in my primary goal today: Doing absolutely nothing. Last year, I took a week off in the summer, but I spent each day of the entire week working at my second job (I actually planned the vacation around my second boss’s trip to Disneyland). But as much as I like Mrs. Fields, and I enjoy working there, I don’t want to take a vacation to work there.

And yes, I am now admitting the name of my primary employer from 1995-2012: Mrs. Fields. It wasn’t just at Mrs. Fields Cookies (remember that they also own several other brands). Once in a while, I’ll still work there, but it’s no longer my primary employer (no, I’m not disclosing where I’m working at now).

I think tomorrow I’ll go visit a friend for lunch. Then laundry (that’s a standard Monday off task). And yes, I’ll do the all-important ass-sitting as well…

No comments: