Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Drugs are good…

Not all drugs are good. Being a type I diabetic, I depend on insulin. Multiple times per day. Usually two different types. When I last went to the doctor, my prescriptions were adjusted (mainly changing my insulins to ones that my drug coverage gave me a better price on). But therein lies the adventure. Rather than having him fax the prescription to the local pharmacy, I had him give me a paper prescription. I then went to my prescription insurer (with my employer provided coverage, health care and prescription coverage are provided through two different providers), and I ordered my medication for mail order. Previous research into costs showed me that mail-order would be the lowest cost. And they immediately contacted my doctor for a prescription. Which was summarily rejected because I had already received a paper copy. So, my next step was to submit my paper prescription, which I did through my provider’s Android app (using my phone’s camera). And the image was too blurry. So, I had to mail it in. This time, I was going to make sure that they got it. So I paid $6.45 and had it sent Priority Mail. Mainly so I could have a tracking number, as this was the only proof that I had a prescription. But they finally got it, and after consulting with my doctor again, they filled it. Though they took 5 days to do it. And then they shipped it out. Since it was rather important for me to have my insulin, I paid the $23+ extra to have it overnighted.

And guess what arrived today? Drugs are good. Not all drugs though… Some should be avoided, as having a criminal record for them can be rather annoying….

No comments: