Wednesday, May 25, 2016

New TV arrived today…

So my replacement TV arrived today. It’s not a 55 inch set, and I have to keep repeating to myself that I don’t really need 55 inches. My 55 inch set is out of the apartment. By previous agreement with my apartment manager, it is by the side of my apartment building until the recyler can pick it up (I’m not throwing it out in the dumpster).

While I’m getting rid of the TV, I’m keeping the TV stand, though I have to improvise to account for the size difference. To boost the TV up to the right height, I had to set the TV on an old printer (third bullet point down). Eventually, I’ll get a proper TV stand for it, but that is down the road. Since the new TV has more than one HDMI port, I can now watch my cable programming in 1080p (since I had to use the component cable on myh Sony, I only got 720p). And since the TV is smaller, I can move my coffee maker over there as well (it’s a cup-at-a-time maker, but space on my desk is at a premium,,,

No comments: