Tuesday, May 24, 2016

So there’s this baseball game on tonight…

And through a function/contest at work, I won a ticket to the Mariners game tonight at the Safe. Manager gave me my ticket, and I put it in my locker. Thinking I would actually want to go to the game, I put in for the next day off, which was granted. A couple of weeks later, I was looking in my locjker, and no ticket. Oh well, I thought. I still have the next day off, and I have a 55 inch HDTV that I can watch it on. Saturday, I get home, and I turn the tv on, and no image. The red lamp indicator wasn’t lit (and I checked the lamp, which was intact), so I figured it was gone. It was over about ten years old, and it was about time to replace it. So off to Wally World, where I found another TV set. It’s not a smart tv (if you remember, I got a smart Blu-Ray player a couple of years ago, so I don’t need one). It’s also smaller. I’m going from a 55 inch to a 32 inch. I don’t need a 55 inch, when it’s just in my room.

The recycler will be by on June 6 to pick it up, along with other 2 HDTVs that my brother got since we’ve moved in that have given up the ghost. And my two Gateway EV700 monitors, while they still work, will be recycled.

So I ordered the new TV from Wally World. And I noticed with expedited shipping, it’ll come on my requested day off. Sometimes things work out. Just not in the way that you planned it. BTW, I’m still watching the game. Since April of 2001, every computer I’ve had has had a TV tuner. And since I still have Xfinity X1, I can stream it on my phone or tablet…

No comments: