Tuesday, July 12, 2016

From an email I was writing...

I was writing an email to a friend tonight, and it just about sums up June for me:

My mother passed away on June 5th. I was the one who found the body. Per her wishes, she was cremated. A memorial is scheduled on the 31st. I've kept a stiff upper lip for the most part, but the past month and a half have been harder than I let on. Losing a parent is hard. At first the thought was not to tell you. This was my cross to bear. And I was going to take it up with dignity and a stiff upper lip.

It's been a month and change, and it still hurts. But as painful as it is, I will not let the pain darken my heart, and will learn wisdom from this. Cherish your loved ones while you still have them. For you don't know when they will be taken from you, and there is no bargaining with death...

No comments: