Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A new pair of feet….

The pain in my foot has been getting worse of late. Some of it is attributed to plantar fasciitis. But a lot if it is related to the condition of my shoes. Yes, I’m hard on my feet. Some days start with 4.5-7+miles of walking to the bus stop & work, followed by 8 hours on a bare concrete floor. My strategy for the past year has been to use the really expensive pair of shoes (actually two pairs & rotate them). I got them in September of last year. February of this year, they started to wear out. One pair I hade to replace, and the other pair I bought a set of gel insoles for. And I was able to endure them until recently.

But today, I was at Wally World. I decided to go with a different strategy. I went back to getting Brahma (the Wally World house brand) work boots. Plus I got some gel inserts. My reasoning is if the gell inserts held off replacing my wolverines for 6 months when I had to replace my Columbia’s, then I should be able to get more than 3 months out of my Brahma’s (and save a considerable amount of cash, too)…

No comments: