Monday, September 05, 2016

For the first time since I moved out of Puyallup…

One of the things I missed about living in Puyallup was the washer and dryer in the apartment. I could come home and do my laundry basically as I pleased. But there were other issues, and it was time to move on. So I moved to Parkland. My apartment didn’t have a washer and dryer, but apartment complex’s laundry rooms had enough machines for the complex, and they were fast. So, every payday since I’ve set aside enough quarter and got my laundry done in 90 minutes.

Then this June and Mom went to her destiny. I’ve said before that I got her portable air conditioner. But also due to her mobility issues she also had a portable washer and dryer so she wouldn’t have to walk to the laundry rooms. But what happened was that my sister and myself ended up doing her laundry. Eventually my sister just took her clothes to her house and washed them in her washing machine. And when Mom passed on, the washer and dryer ended up in my apartment. And finally this week, my brother bought the $7.00 fitting to adapt the washer hose to the kitchen faucet.

So, today, I’m washing my clothes in the apartment. For the first time since I moved out of Puyallup….

No comments: