Sunday, September 04, 2016

How not to handle a pizza order….

So, I wanted pizza today. Normally I’d go to Little Ceasar’s, and grab a hot and ready pizza and some wings. Never had a problem with them. Well there was that one time when they were out, but I digress. Long story short they’re my usually go-to when I want pizza and wings. Today, I wanted pizza, but I didn’t want Little Ceasar’s. I wanted Dominos. I could’ve gone to the website and placed a delivery order, but I didn’t have a menu handy, so walked to the nearest Domino’s. It was a little over a mile from my apartment, but the distance is nothing considering the walk I had to take to the 512 park & ride yesterday to go to work….

So, I’m there, and I place my order. Over $50. Ok, so I want leftovers. Pizza is best when it’s cold. Paid with my credit card. And then waited. And waited. While I was waiting, I saw a pizza box on its side. I didn’t think anything of it, so I took my pizzas and walked home.

IMAG0016

As you can see, my pizza was in the box. And it now had a straight edge from it. And my boneless chicken was supposed to have a hot sauce (which the cashier explained to me was included), and an extra ranch sauce which I was charged for. Guess who recieved neither.

So, Dominos mishandled my pizza, and never gave me the sauces that I ordered. Of cource, I get tee’d off, so I lodge a complaint at the website. And their reply was basically this store is a franchise, so it’s not their circus, not their monkey, and not their problem. Company owned or franchisee, it’s one brand. And it’s a brand I will never go to again.

I could’ve gotten the same order at Little Ceasar’s for half of what I paid at Dominos. And it would’ve been ready right there on the spot. This was a mistake on my part. A mistake I will not make again.

So, if you’re a Dominos and you get a carry out order, don’t set the pizza on its side. Especially where the customer can see it. And make sure the customer get the entire order. Because it is far easier for me to never shop at your business again than it is to come back. Especially when you’re as for out of the way as the Dominos is…

No comments: