Monday, October 10, 2016

A weekend cut short…

Normally, my weekend is Sunday and Monday. But I did my good deed for the week on Sunday, and worked at Mrs. Fields, so the owner good go celebrate a birthday. So, today was Recovery Day, Laundry Day, and get ready for work tomorrow day….

My latest stragedy in addressin my chronic foot pain is shoe rotation. Basically I don’t wear the same pair of shoes on consecutive days. It does take some planning, to make sure that on the days that I’m walking the longest I’m not wearing the shoes with the greatest wear. Hopefully, this will also help ‘stretch out’ the usable lives of my shoes.

I switched my backpacks last week. I week before I was fired from Mrs. Fields almost 4 years ago, my boss’s wife gave my a backpack for Christmas. I knew I was getting it, as she told me that she had to borrow my laptop to make sure that it fit. And I used it. It had the right pockets. I didn’t use the laptop pocket that much, but the other ones were used. and then last year, I got another one on Spamazon. It has all the compartments (even the padded laptop pocket). In fact, it has even more pockets. But what caused me to finally switch over to it was the two mesh ones. It’s fall, and I need to keep my umbrella handy. And, due to my schedule at work, I’m going to be leaving for work even earlier that the butt-crack of dawn. So, my thermos of coffee needs one, too…

Anyway, off to work tomorrow. And then my regular work week. And then another cut short weekend. Next week, I’ve asked for some time off in the middle of the week, and my employer granted it. But that means the time needs to made up….

No comments: