Sunday, October 16, 2016

So much happened this week

So let’s get started.

  • Hockey season started. In the summer, my TV was usually tuned to either the Science Channel or Root Sports, so I could catch the Mariners game. Now it going to be between, the Science Channel, ESPN (for the Monday Night Football game), or the NBC Sports Network (for whatever hockey game is on).
  • I don’t know if you’re aware of it, but the Great Pacific NorthWET was visited by the remnants of Typhoon Songda. It was windy. And rainy. But power was out here for only and hour or so. It was more of a pain in the ass commuting to work, as my commute involves a walk of 4 1/2 miles in the morning, and while I have no problem walking in the wind or the rain, but when they’re combined together, that becomes a pain. However, my ever-tolerant employer allowed me to come in an hour later on Friday, and so avoid the worst of the weather….
  • Last Sunday I was off from one employer, but I didn’t watch one game of football. Something about having to work Mrs. Fields…
  • The Cubs are in the NLCS. They play tonight. I think I may skip the Sunday Night game tonight to watch that game tonight.

No comments: