Thursday, October 20, 2016

Well, this was strange….

For the past year or so, my ‘weekend’ has been Sunday and Monday. This week, I had some items on the agenda that could only be done during the week, so I requested yesterday, and today off. And I got them. As a result of other circumstances, I couldn’t do what I was planning to do today (combination poor weather, lousy traffic, and a lack of fiber…).

But I still did my laundry, backed up most of my files (with the exception of my Steam Games, and that’s running right now). I think the lesson I’ve learned of late is that if I really want to take a day off, I’ll request it. It has happened before where I assumed that I was getting a day off, and then lo and behold I get scheduled for it.

In a related to my schedule story, my vacation request has been approved, and I will be able to make it to the Big Bryant Family Reunion. I’m also take a couple of days off after Christmas to recover from the Holidays (between the merry-making, well-wishing, and all-in-all having a good time, one should also plan for sleep….)

No comments: