Thursday, November 26, 2015

On Grattitude….

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Supposedly a day to celebrate gratitude. I could go on about Pilgrims, Native Americans, and Soylent Green, but I digress. So here’s what I’m thankful for, in no particular order:

  1. Family. Only one’s family can understand one’s insanity.
  2. Co-workers (and my job). At work, it’s like a family. Almost. There are some that I don’t want to come home with me, but we all have each others’ backs.
  3. My job. Hey, my bills aren’t going to pay themselves. And it’s a job that I like. And with recent developments (like have a set schedule), it has become something that I’m really grateful for. Oh, and the paid vacation, sick leave, and health insurance are nice, as well (there are some who would grumble about the insurance, but I remember not having any for many years…)
  4. My friends. I have friends in Real Life. I have online friends. And they both mean a lot. Sometimes they’re friends both online and in real life. Then there are those that I can longer reach. But I’m still thankful that I got to know them when I did. Maybe someday I’ll connect with them again. But if that is not to be, then I still wish them well.
  5. Health. Yes, I’m a Type I diabetic, and there are issues with that. My teeth aren’t in the best of shape. But I still wake up in the morning. I’m still vertical. And I still make it to work.
  6. The future.

There is always room at the top….

No comments: