Monday, June 20, 2016

With all the events of the past two weeks…

I should mention that once you go with a 55” tv, you can never go back. I tried replacing mine with a 32” RCA set that I ordered from Wally World. But within a week of getting it, I was looking for a 55” set. And I found one. Along with no interest financing. I got a Vizio D55-D2. This was the Wednesday before Mom’s passing. Friday, I got the shipment notice. Sunday, we all know what happened. Last week, my TV arrived. And it was set up on the same TV stand as before.

Some things I like about it:

  • Wi-fi access. Yes, it is a smart tv. And along with it come:
  • Apps. I like one click access to Netflix, Hulu, and Spamazon. Along with Youtube. My Blu-Ray also has them, but it’s easier to access them straight from the TV.
  • 3 HDMI inputs. The 55” Sony only had one, and that was taken by the Blu-Ray. I had to get a Cable Box with a component video output. Now, I can connect my Blu-Ray, my HD Cable Box, and my computer with HDMI.
  • And finally, the lower power consumption. Only 41 watts. Where my rear-projection set used 240+ watts.

Right now, I’m using it to watch the Mariners beat up on the Tigers (currently leading 6-5 in the bottom of the 7th…).

No comments: