Monday, June 02, 2008

To prove a point

I commented in Brielle's blog yesterday that I would rather install Windows MEthan install Vista. See the picture....

It turns out to have been a harder thask than I thought. Formatting and setting the hard drives (both of them) is easy. I know how to do it from DOS, but both hard drive manufacturers (Seagate and Western Digital) supllied cd-roms with graphical tools that make it idiot proof (and there's also my copy of g-parted, too....). The tough part actually comes down to the physical shape of my Windows ME disc. And I can't blame that one on The Anti-Christ, either as much as I want to do it. It's just scratched and worn, and it takes three tries to make it work. But I did get a functional install of Windows ME going. And I intend to keep it to commemorate the crappy, half assed job that microsoft has been foisting on us since 95.

No comments: