Wednesday, July 02, 2014

I’ve possibly used poor judgment of late…

No, I haven’t done anything criminal. Nor anything morally compromising. A couple of weeks ago, I got a text from a friend wanting to sell his TV. It is a 60-inch monster. Went to mutual friend, and after telling him about it, we proceeded to have fun mocking the first firend. And then I thought, that I could use an HD tv. And he’s willing to take payments. So I bought it. I had already aggreed to buy his printer, so this was added to the deal.

About the tv:

  • I don’t know much about it other than it’s a Sony 60 inch tv. And it’s coming with a stand. We have a 36 inch set in the living room so I know it’s going to be huge. To that end, I’ve spent most of my day cleaning my room (those of you who truly know me would know that this never happens. Today, I threw out a complete computer desk (which I bought from this same person back when I was working for him), and I threw out another tower (a pII tower that I had tried to turn onto a pIII tower, but I never was able to get working as such. In fact, I never got it work for what I had intended for it)…

And about the printer:

  • I got a Lexmark Impact S305. Run of mill multi-function printer. Similar to what I’ve always had (like my Canon MultiPass C755 [rip]and my Canon Pixma MP250). Except for the fact that it’s wireless. Once you’ve set it up on the Wi-Fi, all you need to do is literally plug it in, turn it on & and you can print. Which means I could probably have it out in the other room. But I’ll keep here in my room for now. And I really like the individual ink colors. I hate having to replace the enitre color cartridge just because I ran out of one color…My other printer, the Pixma MP250 still works. But I may retire it to in-the-closet spare status just for lack of space in my room. USB cables can only be so long…

Well, this may down the road prove to be poor judgement on my part. But then again, I was at Wally World pricing 60 inch TV’s and they were all over 4 figures. SO it may be a bargain. We will see. It arrives on Sunday…

No comments: