Monday, September 08, 2014

Once again....

Hello World. I'm underway on Linux again. OpenSuSE 13.1 64-bit. This is the same distro I tried a while back. What happned with that attempt is what usually happens when I try Linux: something goes wrong with the video driver. For some reason whenever I run dual monitors, I have no problems with getting the full 1280x1024 display from both monitors. But whenever I set the system up under Linux, I had some sort of problems. My solution this time was to simply go with just my 27" monitor. And I had my 1920X1080 display right from the get go (even after I installed the Catalyst drivers from AMD/ATI).

I'm still setting up hardware and software, and I'm still finding issues with my set-up, but I think this will be a keeper. But don't despair. I'll still keep windows installed on my system. After all, I still have a MechWarrior 4 and Flight Simulator habit to support...

No comments: