Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Way too much stuff….

Once upon a time, I could back my data up on CD-ROM. Those days are long past. Then I got a DVD burners. From about 20+ cd’s to 4-5 DVD’s. Then (at the time I was wiping my system once a week, trying new things out) I just started using my second hard drive. At first everything fit all fine and dandy on a 30 gB hard drive. The only issue was that this was an internal hard drive, so if I got a virus, I could still lose all my data on it. Then the 30gB became an 80 gB. Then my first computer died, and I got a second one with a 250 gB drive. And I used a 160 gB as my back up drive (it was still an internal hard drive, but this time I made sure to disconnect when I wasn’t backing things up, or accessing a back up…). Then I got my 1tB hard drive and my 250 gB became my backup. Then I finally bought a usb hard drive enclosure, so I could have my back-ups physically disconnected from the tower when they’re not needed. And along the lines I bought another 1 tB hard drive just for back up.

Last night, I did a system back up, storing all my essential files to my usb hard drive. What was once only 7 gB’s is now 431 gB’s.

Man, I have way too much crap….

No comments: