Sunday, March 13, 2016

So I made a mistake the past week.

I’ve used Nero for the longest of times. It just works. Though I really don’t have to burn DVD’s anymore. Anyway last week, I finally bit the bullet and ordered Nero 2016 Platinum from newegg. I also ordered CyberLink PowerDVD as well. Big mistake. I guess I didn’t look close enough. I thought I was getting a burning program. But I just bought a $99 DVD player.  Of course after I ordered it, I saw Power2Go for sale at Wally World, and so I ordered it. And they were all delivered on the same day. I just installed everything. Nero was installed first, and it went in with no issues. My only complaint with it is when I buy the ‘Platinum’ version of software, I don’t any ads for the next version. I thought I was getting the next version! The Cyberlink software was installed next. Activation went without a hitch. Again, I don’t like getting hit with demo offers when I’m buying ‘platinum’ or ‘ultra’ versions. But what can I do? They have my money, and the software is non-refundable. So I just have to eat my loss and learn my very expensive lesson. And even though I bought PowerDVD, I still have to install VLC Media Player

I should’ve stayed with Nero. And to rub salt into it, both of the CyberLink products are on sale as a bundle for even less than I paid for them….

No comments: