Monday, March 07, 2016

Three times…

This weekend, I started with my computer running Windows 7 and my phone running Kit Kat. Friday night, I had finished updating my backup for the Tower (application of lessons learned long ago) on my 2 TB usb hard drive. For some reason, I thought it would be cool to put Windows 8.1 back on my tower. So I pulled out the system restore kit that I burned right when I brought my computer home, and I proceeded to wipe everything. After installing Win8.1, I then proceeded to update it. Over 3 GB’s of updates. And then I went to restore all my documents. But somewhere in all this, I realized why I really didn’t like Windows 8.1. So, I pulled out my Windows 10 usb thumb drive, and wiped it again. This time, I immediately went to download the 1511 update. Afterwards, I was installing drivers (all while watching Mythbusters wrap up). And then I decided to try an reinstall the SecDrv driver. Big Mistake at the time. A few minutes later, I was installing another program, and windows installer wouldn’t work. So I said fuck it, and I wiped my tower again. For the third time. This time, I didn’t dink around with the SecDrv install. And I finally got a semi-functioning Windows install. I suppose I could have gone back to 7, but that would be no fun. Besides it’s easier for me to Netflix and Hulu on my tower from Win10 than Win7.

I started this weekend with KitKat on my phone. I then gave Marshmallow a try. And I didn’t like it. So I went back to Lollipop. This wasn’t as big a deal as it is for my computer, as my phone’s memory card has enough space on it that I can keep multiple ROMs on it….

In all this, did I mention that I got a ‘new’ printer last week. My mother gave me her HP OfficeJet 4622. Like my Lexmark, it supports Wi-Fi printing, it’s a multi-function printer, and it has individual ink tanks. But unlike my Lexmark, it also support mobile printing. I can now print from my cell phone….

No comments: