Tuesday, July 19, 2016

And in this corner....

According to the news, Donald Trump has been nominated by the Republican party. I'm not saying that as an implied endorsement. As of right now,I have not endorsed any candidate for President. But I am a registered voter. I take my civic responsibility very seriously. I have voted in every presidential election since 1992. My candidates of choice have not always been elected. It's never about vote for who you'll think will when. It's vote for who's the best qualified for the office. For who you think the country needs the most.

Speaking of being a registered voter, I was registered before I was 18. The loophole here is that while I was 17 when I registered, the election took place after I was 18. My senior year in high school, we took a class called government and society (basically civics), and a lot of it dealt with current events (the cold war ended when I was in high school). And I was the only registered voter in class (if I recall correctly).

Many things have changed since those 24 years ago. My civic responsibility has not. Yes, this fall,I will vote. And I will vote my conscience. And you should, too.

No comments: