Friday, August 19, 2016

2 weeks later….

About two weeks ago, I downloaded the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. First, I did just a regular install with my Windows 10 usb flash drive, and did an in place upgrade to 10. After about a day and a half, it occurred to me that the media creation tool had been upgraded as well, and so I re-downloaded it and did a clean install of it.

Equipment-wise, all of my hardware still is supported. No surprise there, as my previous upgrades all worked before. After the clean install, I realized that I only had Windows 10 Home (since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro, and in fact I specifically upgraded to Win8.1 Pro to get Win10 Pro). No problem, I just went to buy an upgrade, and had I gone to the Windows Store, I would’ve been able to upgrade for free, due to my digital entitlement. But, I simply entered my Win8.1 license key and all was good.’

This afternoon, I just finished reinstalling my last item of software (you may remember the the adventures I had which started this). Lesson learned. I’ll be more careful about downloading stuff from the internet. And I’ll be backing up more often. If it wasn’t for my 2 tB usb hard drive, I’d be screwed…

And at the same time, I got tee’d off at my phone, and decided to wipe that as well. But that, too is up and running…

No comments: