Thursday, October 18, 2018

D’OH!

Ok, so I thought the latest Windows 10 update was terminally incompatible with my TV Tuner. So I put another version of Windows on the Tower. And then spent all night and most of today installing drivers and downloading updates. Then it came time to set up the TV tuner. And I had the same results as last night. Rebooted the cable box. Then on a hunch I pulled out my usb TV tuner and hooked it up to my laptop. I had a signal, since my laptop had TV. I thought my TV card was bad, so I ordered another USB TV tuner from Newegg (the exact same model I have for my laptop). Right after I placed to order for it, I decided on one last attempt at troubleshooting. My TV card has 2 coax inputs, one for TV and one for an fm radio antenna. Guess who had the cables reversed…

So long story short, I got my Tower’s tv tuner working, and I have a USB tuner on the way. I’ll just put it aside and use it as a spare….

No comments: