Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Just voted.

Just filled out my ballot. When it came to the Senate, I voted for Maria Cantwell. I remember watching Susan Hutchison on KIRO, and while I like campaigns with no personal attacks (take a fucking hint, Dino Rossi), I had to go with Maria Cantwell. Also as someone who has been in management at Mrs. Fields (meaning I had to personally cover when a co-worker was absent), I value attendance at the workplace, and Susan Hutchison was fired from KIRO over attendance…

I voted for Denny Heck.

I voted for Initiative 940. I saw an attack against it saying that it’s anti-police. It’s not the people being anti-police as much as the police are being anti-people. I’ve been stopped for walking on the sidewalk on Pacific Avenue (apparently violating double-secret probation) and I’ve had Pierce County Sheriff's Deputies try to gaslight me into admitting to stealing from a store that I’ve never set foot in. But wanting them to get trained in de-escalating dangerous situations and mental health crisis makes us anti-police….

I voted for the pollution initiative. Seriously, we need to do something about air quality when I have to take a sick day because of haze….

I voted for gun control initiative. I have no problem with people having guns for sporting and/or self defense. But you don’t need military grade assault weapons. The only people who really need military style weapons are SWAT officers and soldiers. Both of whom are in uniform and under discipline. While I have no problem with people owning guns, I am concerned with careless handling. If you own a gun, you have to keep it secured (preferably locked up in a safe)…

There were a couple of other initiatives, candidates and/or issues that I voted on, but will not be commenting here on it. Now to put my shoes on and go to the ballot drop box….

No comments: