Wednesday, February 01, 2006

So much can happen when you go to work....

My $day-job is definitely non-IT.  My schedule calls for me to work late one night, then come in early the next morning.  So I come home this afternoon, and find out that SeaMonkey 1.0 has been released, Intranet Exploder 7 Beta is now publicly available (only if you have WinXp SP2, though), and they released an update to Firefox.

IE 7 now includes:

  1. Native pop-up blocking (if you can’t get IE 7, you can get a free pop-up blocker with the Google Toolbar).

  2. Built in tabbed browsing.

  3. A phishing filter designed to catch phishing website.

  4. RSS feed support.
  All in all, you can get the first two with Firefox (Firefox had tabbed browsing available from day one, and rss feed support was added I think at 0.8).  Not bad.  A significant improvement over IE 6.  But I will take this advice and stick with Firefox.

No comments: