Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's here!

Firefox 2.0 has officially been released. Download it here. I got mine yesterday, when someone slashdotted that it had been released (actually, it was during the five minutes that they had the ftp server address up before mozilla asked to pull the link). I already got mine.

A lot of the extensions I was using in Firefox 1.5 were old (some of them were written for pre 1.0), and it was only because I was using the Mr. Tech Local Install extension that I could use them (via the disable version check). So, I finally decided to install new ones. A lot of the old ones I was using were abandoned, and instead the authors had written new ones instead. There are still a few old ones that I have to use to maintain sanity, but functionality has not been adversly affected. The main difference between this version, and the previous version of firefox has been how tabs are handled. This never really made a difference to me, as I always used the Tabbrowser Entension, but this was the one extension that I can't get to work yet in 2.0. Maybe a new version will come out, soon.

No comments: