Thursday, May 06, 2010

Screw you Chase

I’ve had an account with Chase since February. There was an issue with my then current financial institution, and I decided to have a back-up checking account. Bank Of America was out, for the obvious reasons. So I researched, and thought Cahse was the best option. My first clue that there was something rotten in Denmark was my first deposit. They sat on it for almost a week.  Then there was the $25 fee for my debit card. They said it was for a ‘rewards’ program, but never really let me look at the terms and conditions. As for ‘rewards’: Not Really Worth It. I don’t need to spend $500+ just to get a $5 Starbucks card. And the points would’ve expired before I could accumulate enough to get anything worthwhile.

Yesterday was the last straw. I needed to pay the rent, and I had to deposit my paycheck (no Chase branch near my store). My roommate gave me his rent money in cash. I deposit the items then asked for a money order. And the teller said the check wouldn’t be available until tomorrow morning. That was it. I decided to closed the account (they reversed the deposit), and then gave me some bullshit about it being the normal policy for all banks to sit on your deposit. I told her that I never had that issue with BofA (basically she lied to me). Then I was told there will be a $25 fee to close my account. Fine. I’ll eat my loss. Don’t ever expect me to recommend you to my friends.

I won’t mention the spam I’ve recieved from them either. By now, invoking the Boulder Pledge on them is kind of redundent.

Chase: I don’t need your fees, I don’t need your lies, and I don’t need your attitude. And you don’t need my business….

No comments: