Thursday, August 05, 2010

MySpace mating calls…

Back when MySpace was still just barely relevant, I created a MySpace page. I updated it almost daily. Then, a few weeks later, I realized Facebook was where it was at, at that’s where I do my Social networking now.

But since my MySpace page is open to the public (just like this blog), I’ve noticed on occasion, I’ll get messages from total strangers (all of them from the female persuasion).  And they’re seeking to be more than friends. And they’re all out of state. I know better than to reply to them or to even acknowledge that I’ve read their messages. Besides, most of them are from the other side of the country (though I also take what I see in the profiles with a grain of salt. This is the same Internet that would have me beleiving that Belgium really exists, and Elvis is dead…).

It never fails. I logon to MySpace, and I get a mating call. Don’t waste your breath. I’m not a fool.

No comments: