Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Today’s lessons:

What I’ve learned in the past week:

  • When you’re thinking about selling your laptop, don’t actually delete your account until it’s agreed to change hands. Then if you do, don’t delete your user account, just wipe the drive.
  • When you delete your user account (thinking you’re going to sell your laptop and later decide not to), perhaps you should consider that opportunity to wipe your laptop drive rather than try to rebiukd you account.
  • if you decide to simply rebiuld your account (along with all your files) accross the network form your tower (with it’s 1 Tb drive), then remember that even with an N WiFi network, it’s going to take about 36 hours using the windows 7 migration tool. However, if you just bring the router back into your room, pull out the ethernet cables again, and manually copy them from one machine to another will only take you about two hours.
  • The Windows 7 data migration tool is really good at transferring your Firefox and Thunderbird settings…

BTW, yes I did finally get smart and wiped the drive on my laptop. I don’t have all my programs installed yet, but I have enough for now. I’ll finish the rest later….

Spelling mistakes are left here on purpose….

No comments: