Tuesday, April 02, 2013

So I’ve made some purchases the past few weeks…

It started with my tablet (read about it here). I was originally on the Wally World website to get socks and boxers, and I just had to get it (an a 32 gb memory card, the real reason why I updated my tablet being I was running out of the 8gb memory). So I told my co-workers I spent $300.00 on socks and boxers. Anyway I was at Spamazon, and I realized that my tower was a socket 775 motherboard (I learned this a couple of years ago right when I bought my first laptop, and I knew how to change the processor (if you can take the processor out to clean off excess thermal paste, then you can probably replace it). So I searched, and I found a used Intel Core 2 Quad-Core to replace my Pentium 4. And I upgraded the video card, too (still the budget end, but it’s a definite improvement over what I was running).

WIth the upgraded tower and my new tablet, I’m thinking about selling my laptop. It still runs well, but I feel it’s now redundant. I can’t take it to work, as it’s a 17.3” display, and I just don’t have enough space in my locker. I’ve had a couple of people express interest, but if this goes like all my other attempts to sell my electronics, I’m probably just going to end up giving it away.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: