Friday, April 13, 2018

What I did on my final day of vacation….

So, this really wasn’t a vacation. It was more like a 4-day weekend. But it felt like a vacation. For the most part, I tried to do as little as possible today. But there was stuff to do. After all, I do have to get ready for work tomorrow. But aside from putting my laundry away, the big work prep was getting out the tire pump and topping off my tires. I think since I had my bike tuned up in February my bike tires lost about half their air. But I got that taken care of. Checking your tires’ air pressure is something that should be done regularly.

The other big thing I did today was get Flight Simulator X for Steam. I have the DVD edition, but due to activation restrictions, I could only have it installed on one computer (usually the Tower). But with Steam, I can have it installed concurrently on both my tower and my laptop. It appears as though all of my additions through the years will be able to work in the FSX Steam Edition. Most of them I’ve downloaded from Simviation and installation is simply a matter of unzip and drop.

Also during my vacation, I moved a couple of usb cables. These were what I used to charge my bike headlight, and my phone’s external charger. Where they were plugging in was causing a tripping hazard. I simply moved them to my tower’s usb 3.0 hub, which has 3 outlets that stay powered up when I turn the tower off.

I also got a cycling computer. Really simple to use. Just mount it on the handlebar and go. There’s no sensor/magnet to deal with (it does all of its calculations with GPS). In fact, it’ll even work in my pocket…

No comments: