Wednesday, September 04, 2019

My adventure this weekend….

So at the start of my weekend Monday morning, I realized that I was running out of insulin. Not normally that big of a deal. Ok, so yesterday morning (aka my evening), I jump on the bus and head to the Spanaway Wally World, and pick up another vial of Novolin R (type R insulin is an over-the-counter drug, but you have to go up to the pharmacy counter to get it, as it is a refrigerated item). So I make my purchase at the pharmacy, and then I decide to get a few items from grocery. I put the pharmacy bag in my shopping basket, and then get my items. Then I check out. Cashier bagged my items up, and I was off. Got on the bus, got home. And then I realized that I my insulin wasn’t bagged. After the customary string of profanity (standard procedure for situations like this). I realized that I had to have this insulin, so off to the bus stop again. I figured I would just buy another vial and just learn my lesson. Walked into the store, and walked by the checkstand that I used to checkout. And my basket was still there. Along with my bag from the pharmacy.

Lesson leaned: look twice before you leave the checkstand….

No comments: