Wednesday, November 27, 2019

I know it’s a little early, but….

Happy stuff bread up a turkey’s ass day (also known as Thanksgiving). Since My work week starts tonight, and goes all the way through to next Monday morning, for me Thanks giving will be just Thursday. But I did celebrate it last night. Didn’t do turkey this year. Last year I did it with Red Robin takeout. This year, I did it with pizza. You don’t need a Turkey dinner with all the trimmings to show gratitude. Gratitude is something that ought to be done all year round. In addition to all the usual suspects that I’ve written about in previous years I’m thankful for:

  • Different political opinions. Every coin has two sides. Every issue has at least 2 sides (some have multiple). Very few people have the same opinion as I do, and we can still be friends, too…
  • My job. It may not be the best, but the bills are getting paid, and I enjoy it for the most part.
  • My health. It’s not the best, but each day, I’m up, I’m conscious, and I’m wearing pants….
  • Then there’s the roof over my head, the food in the pantry (and/or available for delivery on UberEats).
  • The future: things can only get better….

In an unrelated story, I noticed that 3 pairs of my shoes were wearing out. So I replaced them. I’ve had previous issues with plantar fasciitis, and one of my strategies for dealing with it is multiple pairs of shoes, so I can rotate them frequently, and not have the pressure on the same spot every day. Though the drawback is I have to buy three pairs of shoes at the same time…

No comments: