Wednesday, March 17, 2021

An empty inbox and other things…

After I tested positive for Covid last month, I was over the symptom a week after the test (I had been sick for about a week prior to getting tested). But personnel at work said that it was a mandatory 2 weeks out from the positive test (and it was also insisted that this was a paid leave of absence). But, two weeks to the day after getting the positive results, I was back at work. And my feet were protesting the fact that I had to wear shoes. Plantar fasciitis and athlete’s foot together are almost just as bad as Covid (but still wear a mask and stay 6 foot apart. You do not want to get Covid). But after 3 days, my feet stopped protesting, and I need to replace my 4 pairs of shoes…

So they passed a stimulus package in recent time. And I got my $1400 stimulus check at about 1:30 this morning. And I paid my bills. All of them. I usually keep my current statements in my inbox as a reminder of what needs to be paid, and so I cleared out my inbox as I paid them. And I even paid off my phone (wasn’t going to happen until July, but Sprint did have an option to pay off the entire remaining balance, so I did).

So I’ve got and spent most (if not all my stimulus money). But my bills are taken care of, and I still have my regular paycheck, complete with a quarterly bonus. Which is a good thing, since while it was insisted that I was going to be paid for my 2 weeks, I was actually paid for less than 3 days. I should scream bloody murder at work about it, but experience has also taught me that retaliation does routinely happen. And I’m just going to take the high road…

No comments: