Wednesday, July 07, 2021

An anniversary of sorts yesterday….

Four years ago yesterday, Home Depot fired me. Yes, it still hurts. It is never a pleasant experience to be called into the office, told your employment is being terminated, and asked to leave the facility. But you also have to move on. I had an interview and a job offer from my current employer in three weeks (but that’s another post). It may be hard to bounce back, but you have to. Yes, my current job has a two+ hour bus ride each way (whereas I had a 20 minute walk before). But I feel like I fit in better where I’m at here than at my previous job. When I was at my first location, I fit in pretty well (I’m still friends with many of my co-workers there). But when I transferred, the ‘read’ I got of the situation in hindsight was that I wasn’t really welcome (it actually took the intervention of somebody form the district office to get them to take my transfer request seriously). In fact, it was because my transfer was forced on them probably put a bullseye on my back, and the first mistake I made was the only opportunity they needed to fire me). Hindsight is always 20/20.

No comments: