Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Power went out yesterday. Twice….

So Saturday night, I get a high wind warning from the Accuweather app on my phone. And it was accurate. Power went out twice here. I went to bed at about 1:30 after putting away my grocery order from Wally World (an adventure in and of itself). At about 5:30, I woke up with the power out. Got up, and came out to the sight of my brother finishing off the last of a tray of cinnamon rolls that I had just bought that day. Fifteen minutes later the power came back on and I went back to bed. Evidently the power went back out while I was sleeping as I was woken up by my nightstand fan turning back on when the power came back on. The storm has passed, so I don’t think it’ll go out again. But now is also a good time to make sure my gadgets are fully charged (namely my 30,000 miliamp powerbank)…

Had to replace my mouse. I had noticed in the past weeks that my primary ‘click’ button was inadvertently double-clicking when I wanted to single-click. Probably a dirty contact switch. But with the way the mouse (Logitech G604) is built it is not very feasible to take it apart to clean it. However, it was on sale at the Logitech website, so I ordered another one….

All I’m going to say about the brouhaha between Will Smith and Chris Rock is that they’re both wrong. Chris Rock was wrong to joke about somebody’s medical condition. And Will Smith was wrong to resort to violence over it…

No comments: