Tuesday, November 01, 2011

We have Gingerbread!

Finally, I found a Gingerbread ROM for my phone with tolerable issues. Yes, they all have problems, but this is the first that I feel comfortable with. I’m going with Blue Droid. Right now, they only have posted the version for the European version of the HD2 (which uses an ext partition on your SD card, to overcome the only 512 Mb of space on the phone which is not good when you’re trying to shoehorn HTC Sense into it). The CMYLXGO Froyo ROM dies have it’s advatages, and I’ve also updated my version of it, but I like this ROM. I know NRGZ28 updated his ROM recently, but I’ve had too many issues with it. I’m also doing a few things differently with this ROM:

  • The only app that I’m cooking into it beforehand is the Amazon App Store. And the Terminal Emulator. Everything else can be manually installed when I install Root Explorer (which I paid for from the Spamazon app store.
  • No alternatives keyboards. I tried cooking in the native Gingerbread keyboard, and I think that may have caused more issues than it’s worth. I’m not even going to use the Swype public beta. Besides I really don’t need to. With the HTC Touch Input, there is also a trace feature (like what swype uses as well), so I don’t need it. The other keyboards, while the looked good, and worked well, aren’t worth the hassle…

No comments: